Commitment to Data Privacy Protection
- An overview of data protection
- Data collection on our website
- Who is responsible for the data collection on this website?
- The data collected on this website are processed by the website operator. The operator’s contact details can be found in the website’s required legal notice.
- How do we collect your data?
- Some data are collected when you provide it to us. This could, for example, be data you enter on a contact form.
Other data are collected automatically by our IT systems when you visit the website. These data are primarily technical data such as the browser and operating system you are using or when you accessed the page. These data are collected automatically as soon as you enter our website.
- What do we use your data for?
- Part of the data is collected to ensure the proper functioning of the website. Other data can be used to analyze how visitors use the site.
- What rights do you have regarding your data?
- You always have the right to request information about your stored data, its origin, its recipients, and the purpose of its collection at no charge. You also have the right to request that it be corrected, blocked, or deleted. You can contact us at any time using the address given in the legal notice if you have further questions about the issue of privacy and data protection. You may also, of course, ﬁle a complaint with the competent regulatory authorities.
- General information and mandatory information Data protection
- Data protection
- Please note that data transmitted via the internet (e.g. via email communication) may be subject to security breaches. Complete protection of your data from third-party access is not possible.
- Notice concerning the party responsible for this website
- Nihon Denkei Co. Ltd (Singapore Branch)
Attn: Data Protection Officer
50 Bukit Batok St. 23, #05-20 Midview Building
- The responsible party is the natural or legal person who alone or jointly with others decides on the purposes and means of processing personal data (names, email addresses, etc.).
- Revocation of your consent to the processing of your data
- Many data processing operations are only possible with your express consent. You may revoke your consent at any time with future eﬀect. An informal email making this request is suﬃcient. The data processed before we receive your request may still be legally processed.
- Right to ﬁle complaints with regulatory authorities
- If there has been a breach of data protection legislation, the person aﬀected may ﬁle a complaint with the competent regulatory authorities. The competent regulatory authority for matters related to data protection legislation is the data protection oﬃcer in Singapore.
- Right to data portability
- You have the right to have data which we process based on your consent or in fulﬁllment of a contract automatically delivered to yourself or to a third party in a standard, machine-readable format. If you require the direct transfer of data to another responsible party, this will only be done to the extent technically feasible.
- SSL or TLS encryption
- This site uses SSL or TLS encryption for security reasons and for the protection of the transmission of conﬁdential content, such as the inquiries you send to us as the site operator. You can recognize an encrypted connection in your browser’s address line when it changes from “http://” to “https://” and the lock icon is displayed in your browser’s address bar.
If SSL or TLS encryption is activated, the data you transfer to us cannot be read by third parties.
- Information, blocking, deletion
- As permitted by law, you have the right to be provided at any time with information free of charge about any of your personal data that is stored as well as its origin, the recipient and the purpose for which it has been processed. You also have the right to have this data corrected, blocked or deleted. You can contact us at any time using the address given in our legal notice if you have further questions on the topic of personal data.
- Opposition to promotional emails
- We hereby expressly prohibit the use of contact data published in the context of website legal notice requirements with regard to sending promotional and informational materials not expressly requested. The website operator reserves the right to take speciﬁc legal action if unsolicited advertising material, such as email spam, is received.
- Data collection on our website
Most of the cookies we use are so-called “session cookies.” They are automatically deleted after your visit. Other cookies remain in your device’s memory until you delete
them. These cookies make it possible to recognize your browser when you next visit the site.
- Server log ﬁles
- The website provider automatically collects and stores information that your browser automatically transmits to us in “server log ﬁles”. These are:
-Browser type and browser version Operating system used
-Host name of the accessing computer Time of the server request
These data will not be combined with data from other sources.
The basis for data processing is Personal Data Protection Act 2012 (PDPA), which allows the processing of data to fulﬁll a contract or for measures preliminary to a contract.
- Contact form
- Should you send us questions via the contact form, we will collect the data entered on the form, including the contact details you provide, to answer your question and any follow-up questions. We do not share this information without your permission.
We will, therefore, process any data you enter onto the contact form only with your consent per Personal Data Protection Act 2012 (PDPA). You may revoke your consent at any time. An informal email making this request is suﬃcient. The data processed before we receive your request may still be legally processed.
We will retain the data you provide on the contact form until you request its deletion, revoke your consent for its storage, or the purpose for its storage no longer pertains
(e.g. after fulﬁlling your request). Any mandatory statutory provisions, especially those regarding mandatory data retention periods, remain unaﬀected by this provision.
- Registration on this website
- You can register on our website in order to access additional functions oﬀered here. The input data will only be used for the purpose of using the respective site or service for which you have registered. The mandatory information requested during registration must be provided in full. Otherwise, we will reject your registration.
To inform you about important changes such as those within the scope of our site or technical changes, we will use the email address speciﬁed during registration.
We will process the data provided during registration only based on your consent per Personal Data Protection Act 2012 (PDPA). You may revoke your consent at any time with future eﬀect. An informal email making this request is suﬃcient. The data processed before we receive your request may still be legally processed.
We will continue to store the data collected during registration for as long as you remain registered on our website. Statutory retention periods remain unaﬀected.
- Processing of data (customer and contract data)
- We collect, process, and use personal data only insofar as it is necessary to establish, or modify legal relationships with us (master data). This is done based on Personal Data Protection Act 2012 (PDPA) which allows the processing of data to fulﬁll a contract or for measures preliminary to a contract. We collect, process and use your personal data when accessing our website (usage data) only to the extent required to enable you to access our service or to bill you for the same.
Collected customer data shall be deleted after completion of the order or termination of the business relationship. Legal retention periods remain unaﬀected.
- Newsletter data
- If you would like to receive our newsletter, we require a valid email address as well as information that allows us to verify that you are the owner of the speciﬁed email address and that you agree to receive this newsletter. No additional data is collected or is only collected on a voluntary basis. We only use this data to send the requested information and do not pass it on to third parties.
We will, therefore, process any data you enter onto the contact form only with your consent per Personal Data Protection Act 2012 (PDPA). You can revoke consent to the storage of your data and email address as well as their use for sending the newsletter at any time, e.g. through the “unsubscribe” link in the newsletter. The data processed before we receive your request may still be legally processed.
The data provided when registering for the newsletter will be used to distribute the newsletter until you cancel your subscription when said data will be deleted. Data we have stored for other purposes (e.g. email addresses for the members area) remain unaﬀected.